Saturday, September 19, 2009

I have been making my own cleaning supply's for quite a while, and I have been wanting to start making my own laundry detergent as well. I'm currently using a eco friendly detergent but i am a DIY girl and thought I'd make a batch at home and give it a try.

Here is the recipe i used for powder laundry detergent:

1 bar Fels Naptha bar soap (about 4 cups grated)
2 cups 20 Mule Team Borax
2 cups washing soda

home made laundry

Grate the soap and mix it with the borax and washing soda. Then seal in an air tight container.

detergebt after

For light load, use 1 tablespoon.
For heavy or heavily soiled load, use 2 tablespoons.

The estimated cost per load is about $0.08 which means you'll be saving a ton of money and helping the environment.

I also used 1/2 cup white vinegar in the rinse cycle in place of fabric softener.

Try it out and let me know how you liked it.

Other Ways to Launder Your Clothes The Green Way

DIY Green Cleaning Really Works

No comments:

Post a Comment